Monday, June 30, 2008

More pasta.....it's good for you

This is my 100th post! Be excited. I sure am.

Tonight, I continued my game of "how many CSA vegetables can I get into one dish?" It's a really fun game. I eat healthy, I cook with new things, Zack doesn't bother me about how I never use vegetables......everybody wins.

Tonight, my dish is very similar to last nights.....whoops. It's different though and it's still good.

CSA Grab Bag Pasta

1 box whole wheat rotini
1 bulb fennel, chopped, fronds reserved
1/2 can whole peeled tomatoes
1/2 package ground turkey
1 bunch swiss chard
fresh basil
salt
pepper
olive oil

1. Boil your water, salt it good, and cook your pasta al dente.

2. Heat some olive oil in a saucepan (not too much), and saute your fennel.

3. Add your turkey and season it well. Brown it up good! Remember, raw turkey = death.

4. Remove the stems from your swiss chard. I don't usually do that, but I thought that the stems would be weird in pasta. Chop up the leaves and throw it in the pan with the fennel and the turkey. Wilt it down.

5. Squish up your tomatoes and throw them in the pan. Add more salt and pepper and let it all break down. It looks pretty right?


6. Now add your pasta! Let it all heat together and let the flavors mix.

7. Eat it! Add some cheese if you want. I love cheese.


I feel like I have to make more varied things.....any suggestions?

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Looks good. Suggestions? Well, it seems you always add tomatoes to your sauces. I don't know, what about a bechamel with milk and stock instead? Also, you tend to do one pot meals, and I know that has a lot to do with the chaotic unpacking, but it might be nice to see those CSA veggies prepared in new ways as sides with simple grilled meat or something. Always with the pasta...