Thursday, June 5, 2008

Greenies


Today is my first day as an offical tree-hugging-veggie-eating-birkenstock-wearing "green" New Yorker. That's right, today is the first day of my CSA.

What is CSA, you're probably wondering? It stands for Community Supported Agriculture. Basically, Zack and I have bought a share in a local farm (out on Long Island) and each week from June until Thanksgiving, we get a box of fresh local organic vegetables. It's pretty neat. At least, I hope it is. Kate over at pie in the sky has had one for a while. She seems to like it (or so I gather from reading her blog). Plus, Katie from the Red Terror Squad (or from many other posts on my blog - see here) has one. Meredith just got one as well. So, bandwagon, consider yourself jumped upon. I'm getting my veggies. And fruit!

My CSA is called Astoria CSA (clever, no?). I'll take some pictures and post them just as soon as I get internet in my apartment....any day now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Welcome to our world--even though we don't get "the box" we visit several farmers markets a week. We are enjoying fresh summer fruits, like peaches, nectarines, berries, and the (short) season cherries. I can't wait to read about what you do with your weekly produce acquistions.