Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Opa!

Tonight I was too lazy to cook. Plus, it was nice out, I thought it would be a good idea to take advantage of the good weather and go somewhere where they would serve us outside. Zack and I chose here:


Zorba's Souvlaki Plus - I'd never been there, but my cousin Sam used to order from there all the time when he lived with us. The screens you see in the picture were nowhere to be found since it was so great outside (I didn't take this picture. I found it online. Shhhhh). I love New York in the summer. We tried the Zorba's Platter (souvlaki (kebabs), gyro and donner meat (which is some sort of pressed lamb meat), tzatziki (greek yogurt dip) and pitas. I liked it.

We also had this cool "greek pizza." I was going to take a picture of it but I forgot. It was spinach and feta over pita bread with grilled tomatoes and melted mozzarella on top. It came on top of french fries, which seemed crazy to me, but who am I to judge? Zack liked it.

More people should live in Astoria. Then we could go out to dinner more. Wanna move here? It's real nice.......

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Um, I'll have dinner, but I'm happy to be in my little place in the East Village. Sorry, I can't help it.

That place looks great though. I want that platter.