Tuesday, July 15, 2008
and the food continues....
I'm moving on to Parmesan and Prosciutto Stuffed Mushrooms today, folks. Don't they look nice?
I've always been a big fan of stuffed mushrooms, and you could tell, because I always had the same kind out as appetizers at my house. Finally, I think people got a little bored with them (and by people, I mean Meredith), so armed with my trusty Gourmet Cookbook (which I will never have to check out of the library again, I've got a brand spanking new copy of my own, courtesy of Meredith again), I tried this new recipe.
Parmesan and Prosciutto Stuffed Mushrooms, adapted from the Gourmet Cookbook
24 large mushrooms (or so - I bought two packs of baby bellas and called it a day)
4 Tbs Olive Oil
1 large garlic clove, minced)
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup finely chopped prosciutto
1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
3 Tbs minced flat leaf parsley
3/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
1 large egg
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
A note before I start - I took these measurements fairly loosely - which you are welcome to do - or not.
1. Stem your mushrooms - I just rip them out with my hands. I find it very relaxing. Here they are, all separated.
2. Chop up your mushroom stems - here are mine with my onion and garlic.
3. Heat 2 Tbs of oil over medium heat - cook until stems are tender, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, add the remaining ingredients and mix it up good. Here's mine:
4. Fill your mushrooms and put them on a greased (or tin foil lined) baking sheet (or two as the case may be).
5. Drizzle with remaining oil and sprinkle more cheese on top. Bake for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Plate nicely on your new platter from Ikea and enjoy!