Monday, March 24, 2008

It may have choked Artie, but it's not gonna get me!

Tonight I came home kinda late and was really hungry. I peered through my fridge and decided to make the "Broiled Chicken and Artichokes" recipe from April's issue of Gourmet. It was a "ten minute main" (which is totally a lie, it just means 10 minutes of "active" time - but it was still pretty quick). It was really easy! All you need is:

Chicken thighs (I had five)
Artichoke hearts (the recipe called for jarred, but I only had frozen, so I defrosted them and they were great)
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper
Romano cheese (it called for Parmesan, but I like Romano better - plus I had some)

Here's a nice picture of all these ingredients:


You put everything in a pan:


And stick it in the broiler for about 10 minutes (the chicken wasn't done after 10 minutes, so I left it in for another five). Then you put some cheese on top and you're done! (the recipe calls for parsley too, but Zack doesn't like it and I didn't have any)


It's pretty right? It was really good. I put it on top of my Titi Ana's arroz y gandules (rice and pigeon peas). Her rice is sooooo amazing. Some day she says she'll teach me how to make it.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Frozen artichokes are actually much better than canned, but less available, so recipes usually don't call for them. If you can get your hands on them use them at all times instead of the canned. I've only ever seen them at TJs.

Lena said...

That's where I got them. Love that Trader Joe.