Saturday, April 12, 2008

Someone's in the kitchen with Meredith.....

...and it's me! Not that I actually helped with the cooking (unless eating little bits of cheese and pancetta counts as helping...which I don't think does). Last night, I went over to Casa de Meredith y Gwen in the East Village (I remember when I could walk to her apartment....good times) to help eat Meredith's amazing homemade pizza. I've always meant to make my own pizza (now that I have a baking stone from my sourdough - see here), but I haven't quite gotten around to it. So Meredith went ahead and beat me to the punch! Argh. It's okay though, she's really great. Here she is, cooking away:


We ate some great food and watched Galaxy Quest - best movie spoof of a sci-fi tv show (and maybe the only one). Then Meredith and Gwen watched Battlestar Galactica and I went home because I live far away and I get tired. Plus I don't watch sci-fi tv shows (except Star Trek: Voyager. When I was twelve. And my dad made me. Sort of).

To read a more detailed post about the pizza, click here to go to Meredith's blog and get a recipe and lots more pictures. Here's one that I took though - Yum!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Yay! Thanks for the shout out. It was so much fun having you over. Now I need to come over and blog about something you make.