Sunday, April 27, 2008

It's not la vie en rose....

...it's Tournesol (which means sunflower in French). I've been to Tournesol three times now and I love it. It's in Long Island City (which means it's one stop into Queens on the 7 - how easy is that?), but it's cute enough to be in some much trendier neighborhood (which I suppose Long Island City is becoming). Here's the outside:


Nice, yes? I think so. I've been here for brunch twice and for dinner once. All the brunch dishes come with amazing french fries. I try not to eat a lot of fries, but these are too good to pass up. Here they are, lookin' blurry with my eggs with smoked salmon.


Oh they are so delicious. I love them. The dinner is also very good. Zack made me try some chicken liver dish last time we went. I'm not usually a fan of chicken livers, but these were great. They tasted just like regular chicken until they melted away in your mouth. They were mixed up with cheese and potatoes and I'm getting hungry just thinking about them.

It's well worth a visit. Service was a little spotty this past weekend, but I haven't had a problem in the past (they did seem to be very short staffed). Make a reservation if you go on a popular weekend night, otherwise just show up. Enjoy!

No comments: