Thursday, February 12, 2009

It's showtime, folks

I haven't been doing much lately. Zack has though. He is so busy all the time. He works and works and works and then instead of taking a break, he signs up for more work. I get lonely by myself. You should probably come hang out with me.

But you could also go to see the show that Zack designed. Here's a picture.


And here's some info:

THE KNOCKOUT BLOW
Written and directed by Tina Satter

Starring: JESS BARBAGALLO * ELIZA BENT * JULIA SIRNA-FREST

An infectiously strange and ecstatic musical spectacle about dislocation, heartbeats and trying to communicate.

Half Straddle stages shows that might have been inscribed in the margins of a teenage back-up singer's spiral-bound notebook or improvised in the van after ballet class – girly, enigmatic and utterly hot pink.

Music & Sound Design: CHRIS GIARMO
Lights & Design: ZACK TINKELMAN
Art Design: DEBORAH SATTER
Stage Management: WAYNE PETRO

HERE Arts Center
145 6th Avenue
(between Spring and Broome)
New York, NY 10013-1548
Entrance on Dominick Street

Fri, Feb 13, Sat, Feb 14 & Fri, Feb 20 at 10:30 p.m.
Sat, Feb 21 at 7 p.m.

Tickets: $15
www.here.org or call (212) 352-3101
www.halfstraddle.com

Subway: C/E to Spring St.; 1/9 to Houston St.; N/R to Prince St.

This production is being presented through HERE's Supported Artist Program, which provides artists with subsidized space and equipment, as well as technical and administrative support.

You may recall I've written about this show before, both here and here. It's still good! Go see it. And then tell Zack to stop working so hard and to hang out with me more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lena if you are bored and lonely you can always come hang with us.

Come see Nomi's LIttle Mermaid on Ice March 28.29.

Btw - cookies are in. Should we send them? Or maybe Joe will bring them up next weekend.

Meredith said...

I didn't see it, but I hope it went well for everyone!

steven moy said...

LANA I GUESS YOUR IN Mexico enjoying the weather.
SO Paul says. He worked with me yesterday. If your
ever board Ana Terry and I are always enjoy your
company.