Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I'm hungry now

I'm not in Mexico anymore. I'm back in New York, wearing my coat and scarf and gloves. My hair is all smushed down by my hat and my toes are always cold. But there are some good things about being in New York and watching Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations reminded me of some of them.

If you've been reading this blog for awhile (or if you just know me), you may know that I love Anthony Bourdain. He's crotchety, foul mouthed and knows a ton about food. I've read all his books (you must have heard of Kitchen Confidential at least?) and his show is one of my favorite channel surfing pleasures.

Anyways, he did an episode this week about "disappearing Manhattan," all the old time-y places like Katz's Delicatessen and Russ & Daughters. You can get the complete list of places here. It made me sad. And hungry. You can see a little preview here while I go get a snack.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Yeah, that episode was pretty freaking awesome. I want to drink beer out of a boot...

Perhaps for one of our lunches we should have bagels with lox at Russ and Daughters.