Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I still love tarts


Zack really likes apple desserts. Plus, I had a whole bag of apples from my CSA. I've never been a huge fan of apple pie, so I decided to use my beautiful tart pan and make an apple tart.

I took my tart dough from yesterday, rolled it out and put it in my lovely tart pan. Then I peeled, cored and chopped my apples. All by hand! I'm so amazing.


Ok, really I used this apple slicer thing. But I sliced the slices into even smaller slices with my knife.


Then I chopped up the bits at the ends of the apples and the slices that were weirdly shaped or too small. I spread these over the tart crust.


Whenever you see apple tarts in pictures, they have their apple slices in cool concentric circles. So that's what I did.


Then I poured two Tbs of melted butter on top of the apples and sprinkled three Tbs of sugar on them. Then I put it in the oven for about 65 minutes at 400 degrees.


It looks good, right? Zack thought it needed cinnamon. I kind of agreed. But that's more a pie thing. We both still liked it though! And maybe I'll try making an apple pie if I get more apples next week...

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Hmm you know what? That would have been good with cinnamon ice cream. Or dulce de leche. Either way- yummy.

Unknown said...

i recognize that pan....