Monday, September 1, 2008

I love the Bay Area

It's so nice there. The weather is lovely, the people are great - and the food. Did I mention the food? Well, it rocks.

Elana recently moved back to the Bay, so we decided to go out and have a nice meal. We'd already been to Chez Panisse (read about it here), so I picked the Zuni Cafe. For those of you who don't know, the Zuni Cafe is one of those locally grown, simple but delicious places - like Chez Panisse, but in San Francisco.

We started off with oysters from Point Reyes. I love oysters. They're like eating the ocean.


We then moved on to Serrano Ham with Roasted Figs stuffed with Goat Cheese and Almonds.


Whoops! We started eating it before I could take a picture. That's how good it was. Here's Elana's half eaten plate.


We continued with Turkish meatballs. They were so yummy. There was tomato sauce and pine nuts and yogurt all mixed in....plus, look at the cool bowl they come in.


Did I mention that the light in this restaurant was the best light ever to take pictures in? We were right next to the window and there was so much natural light, it was crazy. It was so beautiful there, I could take a great picture like this one:


That's fettuccine with corn, cream, and mascarpone cheese. It was amazing, like a non-heavy Alfredo sauce with little bursts of fresh summer corn. The cheese was so good, we decided to have more cheese instead of dessert.


That's fromage blanc with fresh raspberries. It was nice and light and creamy. We got these figs and grapes to go with it.


It was so good. I'd definitely go there again. You should go there too!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

That is amazing light!!!! I had some amazing oysters in P.E.I. among other seafood.
Whenever I get my butt over to the bay area it's gonna be an expensive/high calorie affair, but I don't care, it will be worth it...