Thursday, April 8, 2010

Bread!!!!!

Okay folks, Passover is over. No more not eating bread. Or pasta. Or rice. Jeez, that sucked.

So to celebrate, here's a post about yummy yummy brownies that have cream cheese in them! I'm kind of obsessed with cream cheese lately. Especially desserts that have cream cheese in them - it makes my heart so happy (if not my stomach).


These are easy to make, but kind of hard to make look pretty (at least for me - I'm not that artistic).

Cream Cheese Marbled Brownies!

First make the batter from here. Just add an extra egg (and don't add mini-eggs. Obviously).

In a separate bowl, beat an 8oz pack of cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, one egg and 1/4 cup flour.


Plop spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture over the brownie batter and swirl it with a knife. The less you swirl, the prettier it is. I think I swirled too much.....


I threw some white chocolate chips on top (regular chocolate would have been better, but I didn't have any).


Bake for 35-40 min at 350 degrees.


Cut them into squares and bring them to your friends while you eat sushi and watch Gossip Girl. Everyone will be happy.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Yums. Cream cheese is so awesome, sweet or savory.

David Borgen said...

too much sweets all the time...how about some good healthy food? did you see the nytimes article about how people are photographing their food before eating it? a couple of days ago... very lena...off to nashville sunday for dinner there...will report...db