Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Let the sunshine in!

A few weeks ago, the sun started to shine in New York City. I was really excited about it, except for one thing - it wasn't really spring because there were still no vegetables at the farmer's market. Every time I saw another apple picked last fall, I just wanted to scream. "Where are all the spring vegetables?!?!" my brain would say. "Can't eat more potatoes........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Well halle-freaking-lujah, ramps and green garlic have arrived in Union Square. I came home with some treats:


There's a mix of microgreens, ramps (like onions/garlic/scallions mixed together) and a tiny gold medallion of chocolate covered goat cheese.

I might finally be inspired to cook something now.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

yay! I'm so glad we'll have some green veggies on my visit.

David Borgen said...

wow...something healthy! and green...have fun...eat joyfully...i wonder if the icelandic volcanic eruption will interfere with meredith visiting...sounds yucky...back from nashville and dallas where, as to the latter, i unexpectedly dined at The Cosmic Cafe, a veggie restaurant my local contact found when he did some research...db