Monday, October 6, 2008

Sometimes you have to be selfish

Recipes are coming, my dear readers. Rosh Hashanah was a huge success. I've still recovering from the exhaustion of holidays plus rehearsals plus....I don't know, whatever else is going on.

Sometimes, you have to make things just for yourself. Little things that you can enjoy alone. The other day, while prepping my apple tart for Rosh Hashanah, I found myself with a scrap of extra dough and a bit of fruit leftover. Rather than let it go to waste, I threw the fruit in a little ramekin, mixed in a pinch of sugar, flour and a tiny bit of butter and threw the dough over the top. I sprinkled some sugar on it and put it in the oven for 40 minutes at 400 degrees.


Back to feeding the rest of you tomorrow, I promise.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I want to see that brisket! I guess a mini pie will do in the meantime...