Friday, October 17, 2008

Honey, but no apples

This here is a short one, folks. I'm spending many hours rehearsing in Brooklyn, pretending to be an actress. So I haven't had that much time to cook delicious things. That will change today, but in the meantime while I work on that, here's a picture of one of the lovely desserts I made for Rosh Hashanah (this may be the last Rosh Hashanah posts....we'll see).

Serious Eats suggested these cookies as an alternative to Honey Cake (which I haven't made since the first year - it's kinda boring). They were crumbly, buttery and a tiny bit salty. I really liked them, as did others, especially Matt, who kept stealing them off the cooling rack.


These are Honey Lavender Shortbread cookies (click the link for the recipe). I probably wasn't supposed to bake them until they were golden brown, but they tasted good anyways. So there.

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Yum. Looks awesome. You're so much better than blogging under pressure than I am.
Yeah, Gwen had honey cake at a Yom Kippur break-fast dinner and she thought it tasted like poo. So there you go.

Mikochan said...

These do look yummy. I may have to try them. Oh wait, I don't have an oven here in Japan. *curses*

I have a blog post request. :D I was wondering what your favorite cookbooks were?

Anonymous said...

What do you mean, "pretending to be an actress?" You ARE an actress! It's just that you are so good at so many things dear-acting not the least of them!

Break a leg!

David Borgen said...

yeah...what's this pretending all about anyway?
are you pretending to be a foodie too?
of course, pretending sometimes is the first step in becoming...
i've been pretending to parent you all these many years...
hope the show was a success...
"dad"