Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My new favorite city

Welcome to New Orleans! Zack and I just got back from our trip and it was amazing. The Crescent City is my new favorite place - the food, the people, everything was just great.


We lucked out on our trip. It was the first weekend of Mardi Gras! That means parades galore. We saw a few parades with really impressive floats, but my favorite thing was the Krewe of Barkus - or the dog parade.


I know, I know. You're shocked. My 17 year old self is breaking the time/space continuum to slap me in the face. But this years Mardi Gras theme was the Best of Broadway! Dogs dressed up as Broadway shows! Even I have my limits. I took about 200 pictures, but here are my favorites. See if you can identify each show! Put it in the comments.




















Some of these are really obvious - there were a lot of Phantom dogs and Cats dogs (weird), but I love more obscure ones - some of my favorite shows are in there.

Like every good New Orleans parade, there were amazing bands -


- and beads everywhere. Next post will be about the food, I promise!

8 comments:

Meredith said...

looks fun! People are crazy with their dogs, aren't they?

Can't wait to see what you ate!

fashion said...

very nice pics bro...please inform me about your updates...thank u very much..

refrigerated trucks said...

I think i know my next destination now.

Osias said...

Awesome blog. Thanks for sharing this.

buy rift account said...

Great! looks like such a fun parade..=D

Zheng said...

Picnic backpacks are Ray Ban Sunglasses of proper relevance if you want to carry bags alternatively of baskets through their picnic. You can also delight special someone by treating your mind with a unforgettable picnic basket tas burberry working experience that he/ could remember for lifetime Chaussures Supra!
The picnic backpacks are manufactured during these sorts of way in which an individual can carry apparel and utensils both when outdoors Chaussures Puma Pas Cher. These types of backpack are delightfully created to have the really important merchandise. A variety of them are definitely the following: Pack for a couple: Several of the backpacks are available for only two persons Oakley Sunglasses. These kinds of backpack are often small sized in space and they've two flaps Ray Ban Sunglasses sale. In people two flaps it is possible to share your garments with that of one's companion Chaussures Puma. In one of them it's likely you have your clothes though inside other you are able to build the clothing within your spouse Chaussures Supra Pas Cher. These are generally meant for only two individuals and are generally available within colours and fashoins Chanel Sunglasses. People typically want these bags which are properly constructed in pink and red. White backpacks are available. Some of them have attractive floral motifs.

jessy said...

I really like your blog it's really nice.

web design company in bangalore
web designing companies in bangalore
web development companies in bangalore
web design company bangalore
web designing company in bangalore

jessy said...

Cool Blog!!

Beats by dr dre
jbl headphones
harman kardon
house of marley