Monday, June 1, 2009

Frosting! Finally!

Oh my goodness, it sure took me a long time to get here. After stage managing all day, I really don't want to look at a computer or type anything else. But today, I'm finally alone in my apartment for a few minutes (ah, sweet bliss. I mean, I love Zack. But I'm around 20 people all day. I need some break time). So I figured I'd blog before I lost my nerve.

Frosting! Wedding frosting. For Bryn and Paul. Remember them?

Ok, so we've got cupcakes all ready to go. Now it's frosting time. First, you melt 12 oz of chocolate chips over a double boiler (or a metal bowl inside a pan of boiling water - or in the microwave. I won't tell). Set that aside.


Melt another 12 oz of chocolate chips in two cups of cream over low heat, stirring constantly. This will be your frosting.



You're supposed to cook it for 25-35 minutes, which made mine look a little weird. Cooking it for so long made it split funny. See?


That Martha, she sure is persnickety. She makes you do all kinds of annoying things.

Okay, combine one cup of the frosting you just made with the melted chocolate. Refrigerate until hardened.

Put the rest of the frosting over an ice water bath (that means you put the bowl of frosting into a bigger bowl with ice water in it. Just in case you didn't know). Frosting is still split weird.


I thought it was ruined, but I mixed it up like Martha said to and finally, it looked like frosting again.


I kind of thought it looked like frosting before it ever went in the ice bath. Why I couldn't I have just let it cool and spread it then?

Whatever. I frosted the cupcakes.


Then I used a spoon to make little chocolate curls from the hardened chocolate/frosting mixture. It didn't go as well as I had hoped. They looked kinda weird. I sifted a little bit of cocoa powder on them and called it a day.


But they tasted good! Emma liked them (Emma is Bryn's cousin).


I hope it was worth the wait! Enjoy.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Good job on the frosting!!! I've got to gets me that Martha Stewart baking book. I mean, I'll admit she's persnickity, but it all turns out so amazing.