Sunday, May 3, 2009

A shameless plug, but not for me

So one day last year, I was running around Manhattan and I bumped into someone that I had done a show with, back in California - Lyndsay Faye. We were in South Pacific back at the Willows Theater together. I've got a picture!


I'm in army fatigues, and Lyndsay is the nurse on the left.

I didn't have time to stay and talk, but I said hi, gave her my card and continued on to Pilates class. We became friends on Facebook and I noticed that in her profile that she said she had a book coming out - Dust and Shadow: An Account of the Ripper Killings by Dr. John H. Watson (you know, like Dr. Watson from Sherlock Holmes). Not sure if this was a joke or not (she always had a wry wit), I googled her and lo and behold, it was true! Well, this book has finally come out. Here it is on the shelf in Barnes and Noble!


It's not a great picture, but I was amused. I bought the book and so far, I am very pleased. It's an old fashioned mystery about Sherlock Holmes and his investigation of Jack the Ripper, written from the perspective of Dr. Watson. The one problem is that I get a little squeamish reading about serial killers before bed, so I can only read it during the daytime.

She's also got a food blog (who doesn't?) that I enjoy reading. So, check out her blog, buy her book, and all that jazz.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

wow- that's pretty cool. perhaps I'll borrow it from you.