Sunday, July 12, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

So, as promised, I cooked a lot of food for my birthday. Some people think it's weird that I like to spend my birthday cooking food for other people, but it's my birthday and I'll do what I want.

So I cooked all this food...


And people ate it and fell asleep.


So now, we will go through these recipes and you could make it at home! Let's start with bruschetta.


Bruschetta with sauteed kale:

2 bunches kale
Butter
salt
pepper
Parmesan cheese
Bread of your choice (I used sourdough)
olive oil

1. Toast up some bread! I used my broiler because my oven is broken and I don't have a toaster. Drizzle the bread with some olive oil and set aside.

2. Wash your kale. Discard the stems and chop the leaves. Saute the leaves over high heat until they wilt. Add some butter (as much as you want - the more you add, the better it will taste, but the less healthy it will be. I'm going to shield you from the amount I used). Season to taste with salt and pepper.

3. Put a little bit of kale on each piece of bread. Sprinkle some cheese on top.

In an ideal world, I'd put these in the oven and let the cheese melt a little. But my oven is broken. They still tasted good though. Right? Of course right.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Food comas rock.

Jaclyn Perlmutter said...

I'm so sad I had to miss this!

Meredith said...

That was a good recipe. Never mind that it was my idea... Just kidding- it's not like you can really link to me anymore. Unless you want to read about pancakes I made four months ago...